Problems with Up2date

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Apr 8 03:02:11 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am Do, den 08.04.2004 schrieb Brian Chase um 04:27:
>

>>don't use up2date, use yum
>>

>If you state that, could you be so good to explain that opinion a bit?

I believe his opinion and mine are the similar: use whatever you like
but please add a mirror to your update system configuration files...
I'm using mostly yum these days because I always had problems with
up2date (it always seemed to hang while calculating dependencies), so I
always used apt and redcarpet on the pre-fedora ages... ;-)
Now I'm using yum , even though it is quite slow while calculating the
dependencies for large updates (like a update on FC2T2 or a dist upgrade
from redhat 9 to FC1).

--
Pedro Macedo