remove "OPEN RECENT"

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Thu Apr 8 08:28:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 09:18, S. Gongola wrote:
> I'd like to remove the "OPEN RECENT" menu option.
> How?

As I do not know if it can be removed... why not just clear it once in
awhile? Just delete the following files:

$HOME/.recently-used
$HOME/.gnome2/gedit-metadata.xml

The first one is for general files you've opened (OpenOffice.org files,
Media files, etc.), the second is the recent filelist of gedit, which
also shows up in the "Open Recent" menu. In fact I have a script that
deletes these two files, a bunch of other "history" files and
directories, as well as a few gconf entries (Run, Dictionary, etc.).

dex