POLICY: Moving discussions around

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Thu Apr 8 06:29:06 UTC 2004

It would appear that on Apr 6, William Hooper did say:

> Colin Charles said:

> >> The word "current" isn't in the list discription.
> >> "For users of Fedora Core releases"
> >
> > I worry people will start saying "oh, fixed in FC2, upgrade" kind of
>
> And in many cases this will be a valid response.

Ummmn Yeah, just as long as fedora stays focused on being easy to
upgrade without trashing existing configurations.

I'd have to add a bunch of 3rd party software to my fedora installation
only to trash half of it by upgrading...

But if I remember right when I first started reading about fedora I
think I saw something that indicated that such upgradeability was part of
the intended design. So I'm hoping that won't be a problem.

fedora will most likely be the first linux that I trust to upgrade over
my current installation instead of first clearing out a 15gig partition
for a new install. Time will tell.