Fedora mount a corrupted Win Fat32 (vfat) file system

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Thu Apr 8 06:28:34 UTC 2004

It would appear that on Apr 7, Jeff Vian did say:

> You did not read the original post.
>
> He has a windows fat32 partition on /dev/hda2 that has gotten corrupted.
>  That has nothing to do with the boot loader and the only thing the
> recommendation to run "fdisl /mbr" will do  is cause *more* work in
> reinstalling the boot loader.  It will not help solve his problem in any
> way.

Your words have the ring truth Jeff. I did say I didn't know that the advice
in question would work...  The thing I wanted to understand was how it
was going to "mess up the fedora linux install"? Which was what I was
reacting to. If I realized that needing to reinstall the boot loader was
all that was meant by messing up an linux installation, I wouldn't have
asked.

Looking back I'm thinking I expressed my question poorly.

Sorry for any confusion.