RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Apr 8 14:56:03 UTC 2004

I called RedHAt to see about purchasing Professional Work Station at a
discount, because one week after they took money off my creditcard for a
year of RHN they anounced they were discontinuing RH 9 in 6 months.
The person I talked to on the phone assured me that my RHN subscription
and updates to RH 9 would continue until my subscription expired.

After I saw the latest notice I called again, and was told that NO more
updates
would take place and the discount for PWS is no longer available.

Just another rip from RH.

I guess thats what public companies do, keep the shareholders happy at the
expense of the grass roots.