Problems with Up2date

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 8 15:26:10 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 08.04.2004 schrieb Benjamin Arai um 06:49:

> yum and up2date are too slow.  Use apt from www.freshrpms.net.  It not
> only has faster download speeds but also has a larger database of RPMs
> to use.

"too slow" - it would be helpful to describe the situation under which
you start each of the tools and then provide use with values we could
compare. All else is kind of prejudice, at least personal opinion.

And what do you mean with "larger database". That makes only sense if
you mean that there are more apt repositories than yum repositories.
Even if that might be the case - I doubt that - up2date is capable to
use apt sources.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 17:20:55 up 20 days, 1:02, load average: 0.06, 0.21, 0.15
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]