Simultaneous sounds with ALSA?

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Thu Apr 8 18:23:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 02:59:10PM -0300, Ben Steeves wrote:
> ALSA's hardware mixing works fine out-of-the-box on both my Turtle Beach
> Santa Cruz and Shuttle MN31N built-in (i8x0) sound.  I'm running the
> most up-to-date rawhide of FC2.

Hmmm...  I guess the ALSA chart is out of date wrt the capabilities of
Intel on-board sound (like my Soltek nForce2 motherboard has).

I have honestly never seen hardware mixing actually work myself, but I
will now give it another shot.

FWIW, do you have OSS emulation enabled?  Is it possible to build an
"alsa-only" FC1 setup out of the box?