FC1 on Intel 440GX

Jonathan B. Horen horen at mail.iucc.ac.il
Thu Apr 8 19:05:41 UTC 2004

> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:36:58 -0400
> From: "MW Mike Weiner \(5028\)" <MWeiner at ag.com>
> Subject: FC1 on Intel 440GX
> To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> I am having an issue installing FC1 on an Intel 440GX motherboard, and
> specifically the problem appears to be with the Adaptec AIC7xxx driver
> which just hangs, and anaconda never does find any disks to install to.
> I have had this issue in the past with other machines, and in the past
> the apic vs noapic option to the kernel seemed to work, as did pulling
> down the correct Adaptec DUD and using that as my driver disk. However,
> none of these are working, and i was wondering if anyone else has found
> this problem and a possiblem solution.

Go to http://greg.wildman.co.za/linux/440GX_bootdisk/ and grab
boot_440gx.iso, then burn it onto a CD and boot from it.

Worked fine for mine (SGI 1200L cluster)!

--
JONATHAN B. HOREN                            UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
E: horen at mail.iucc.ac.il            Inter-University Computation Center