Create a new system variable

Keven Ring keven at mitre.org
Thu Apr 8 19:55:15 UTC 2004

Matthew Benjamin wrote:

>I really appreciate the GOOD suggestions I tried it however it still
>does not work. Do you think it's a bug in Fedora Core 1? I tried Keven
>and Martin's suggestions also to no avail. All of these work from just a
>command line but once in the cron it flakes out.

Hum..  Works for me:

[keven at localhost keven]$ crontab -l
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/tmp/crontab.5046 installed on Thu Apr  8 15:49:20 2004)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 2.13 1994/01/17 03:20:37 vixie Exp $)
http_proxy=http://foobar.com:80/
* * * * *       /usr/bin/printenv

This says to print the environment every minute [that way you don't have
to wait too long].  In a minute, you should get an email to your local
account.  This was the contents of my email: