Fedora core 1 live cd?

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Fri Apr 9 03:38:04 UTC 2004

I've looked through all the "live cd" stuff on distrowatch.com--a lot of
it is just scripts and makefiles "that should work with fedora" or
"someone said their fedora image booted" or whatever.

What I need is something as stable and clean as Knoppix, but based on
Fedora, running both the 2.4 kernel and nptl patches. I'm getting the
"not implemented" return value on my sem_open calls under Knoppix.

If there is no robust FC1-based live CD distro, what do you think my
chances are of getting a Fedora nptl kernel to compile on Knoppix and
then reburn the resulting image with the new kernel? Or is there a
better route?

I need something quick...it needs to be stable and proven...not a
mishmash of scripts and howtos, or undocumented makefiles, or hacked
kernels, etc. I can work around this if I have to, just don't want to :-)

Thanks,
John