ipw2100 & kernel 2.4.22

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Apr 9 03:42:22 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 09.04.2004 schrieb John A. Smith um 04:22:

> I am running FC1 with the 2.4.22.2175.ntpl kernel on an Averatec 5110H
> with an integrated Intel 2100 pro wireless mini pci. I can't find a
> download for ipw2100 at the sourceforge project (
> http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/#downloads ). Has anyone gotten ipw2100
> running on this kernel? I don't really want to upgrade the kernel.
>
> TIA for any help!
>
> - j a s

You can download the driver source from the above URL. You should have
had a look into the INSTALL file which is part of the .tgz which states:

"There are two ways to build the module, either via a patch to your
kernel, or
as a stand alone module."

So no need for a complete custom kernel, but you can build the needed
module separately. You only need to install the Fedora kernel-source
package for kernel .2174. Follow the instructions in the INSTALL file.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 05:39:30 up 20 days, 13:20, load average: 0.29, 0.36, 0.24
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]