Abiword Error

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 13:57:13 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 01:49, Jay Daniels wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:21:43AM -0400, Clint Harshaw wrote:
> > Clint Harshaw wrote:
> > >I may have fixed the problem. I removed Abiword via yum, and reinstalled
> > >it, and it seems to be behaving as it should now.
> > >
> > >Clint
> > Nope -- I spoke too soon, but have additional information that may be
> > helpful. I tried running Abiword immediately after the yum install (and
> > I happened to be root), and it ran fine. When I try to start it as a
> > non-root user, it fails with the output I posted earlier.
> >
> > Clint
>
> Maybe something in that normal users ~/
>
> Not sure about abiword, but most apps create a directory under home to
> store files, configs, and user data.  chk file permissions and
> ownership these files.
>

> jay
I have also messed up or destroyed startup files playing with my
system.  I have found a neat "hack" to reinitialize these files.
1) Add a new user and start the program(s) in question as that user in
their home directory.--
2) Find and copy these startup files into your home directory.
3) As stated above, change all ownerships a groups accordingly,
actually permissions won't need to change.
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>