A choice?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 10 02:01:46 UTC 2004

Mark A. Hoover said:

> So put them on the custom install screen.  Only the experts are likely
> to choose that choice anyway.

You've never watched a newbie install, have you?  That's why the "expert"
boot option does nothing more than ask you for driver disks.

>  As for needlessly redundant, how many
> different news and mail readers come on the Fedora disks?  How many
> audio players?  Why do we need both KDE and Gnome?  They're both
> windowing environments.

Last time I checked none of these were used during the install process.

> As for fdisk, nowhere in the install notes does it say this can be done.

IIRC it is in the install guide, but I might be remembering the
"uninstall" instructions.

> And admittedly, it's a whole lot easier if the
> installer installs lilo.

IIRC "linux lilo" will install it.

> Not only does that mean there's an RPM for it

There's an RPM for it either way.

--
William Hooper