Cisco Aironet mini PCI 802.11b

Paola Pettinelli paola_pettinelli at yahoo.it
Sat Apr 10 12:31:31 UTC 2004

Hi all, I have a Fedora distribution installed on my
laptop, an IBM R40. I have a network wireless card in
it. The lspci command shows me it is a cisco aironet
mini PCI 802.11b card. I can see a module about cisco
aironet min PCI 802.11 cards in
/lib/modules/something_I_don't_remember/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
per la scheda Cisco/Aironet 802.11. This module name
is airo.o. It is not loaded on boot and if I load it
manually it is not associated to the wireless card nad
uppears as unused in lsmod output. So I think it is
not the right driver. Does someone where I can find
the right driver? On the Cisco web site I can see just
Windows solutions...
Thanks in advance
Paola