A curse on LABEL=

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 10 13:02:01 UTC 2004

On Apr 10, 2004 at 13:10, Timothy Murphy in a soothing rage wrote:

>William Hooper wrote:
>
>>> I understand the supposed advantage of LABEL
>>> if one is changing a hard disk,
>>> but I just feel the confusion it causes vastly outweighs its merits.
>>> Am I alone in this?
>>
>> Try adding a new SCSI controller to a system that moves all existing SCSI
>> devices.  You will like LABEL then.
>
>Surely the proportion of users who want to do this is vanishingly small?
To make an assertion like that, you will have to provide
numbers on the amount of FC users who admin servers with
SCSI vs. those who only use IDE stuff.

N.Emile...
QOTD:
	"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."
 08:59:23  up 20 days, 21:31,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00