Horde - IMP on Fedora Core 1

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Sat Apr 10 14:08:25 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 06:42, Sébastien Bisoglio wrote:
> Ben Steeves wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 23:42, Sébastien Bisoglio wrote:
> >
> >>Hi @ all !
> >>
> >>I want to put Horde - IMP on Fedora Core 1 but I can't find RPM for this...
> >>
> >>It is RPM or not ?
> >

> > Horde and IMP are php applications.  You just download 'em, uncompress
> > them into your web documents directory, configure 'em, and go.  Download
> > them from the Horde website, read in the install instructions, and you
> > should be fine.
> >
> Ok but i see it is squirrel then i think it is the same thing....
>
> Then i've problem because pear hasn't all extensions I need (date, Log..)

If that's the case, you'll need to upgrade Pear too... probably remove
the existing RPM (if it's there ("rpm -qa | grep -i pear" will tell you)
and install the Horde recommended version.

Personally, if it were me, I'd stick with Squirrelmail.  It works out of
the box (from source) and doesn't need any pear extensions.  It's also
*way* faster than IMP.
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves