Relaxing password policy

Christopher Ness nesscg at mcmaster.ca
Sat Apr 10 20:45:10 UTC 2004

Although I'm not suggesting you use a poor password but it should allow
you to continue with your poor password.  Even if it is:

{sex|money|god}

It just suggests that you try something else like a good computer
should.

Cheers,
Chris

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 13:04, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> I am trying to set up an account for my girlfriend on my FC1 box, and I
> can already tell that the default password policy is going to drive her
> insane.  (I've previously just gotten around it by su'ing to root and
> setting my passwords manually, but this won't work for her.)
>
> How can I configure the password checking policy to be a little less
> stringent?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net
Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University
PGP Public Key: http://nesser.org/pgp-key/

16:42:51 up 1 day, 4:52, 4 users, load average: 0.23, 0.38, 0.35