webmin and burning

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 11 15:23:06 UTC 2004

Am So, den 11.04.2004 schrieb Gertjan Vinkesteijn um 10:34:

> Senores,
>
> How can I burn CD' with webmin since scsi-ide in the kernel is advised
> anymore on the command line? Should I include scsi simulation in the
> kernel and bake a new one? Or should I read the mkisofs maual pages...

> Vink

Gertjan,

you are probably speaking about a system with kernel 2.6.x, where
ide-scsi is obsolete (no plain FC1).

I am sure Webmin does not itself burn CD-Rs but offers a web interface
for the base tools like cdrecord. If you are running a kernel 2.6.x you
should have newer CD burning tools which are capable of burning without
the deprecated SCSI layer over IDE. Whether Webmin is able to use those
newer tools should be documented for the burning module.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 17:18:07 up 23 days, 59 users, load average: 0.30, 0.24,
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]