2120S Raid Controller and DAT Tape?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 11 16:11:39 UTC 2004

Am So, den 11.04.2004 schrieb Jay Daniels um 17:09:

> I have a scsi raid controller 2120S with 4 scsi ibm 320 scsi drives
> installed and working.  The 2120S is the only raid card on the box and
> it also has a some type of hot swap card which all the drives are
> connected.
>
> So how do I connect my new scsi DAT tape drive to this box?  Will I
> need another raid card to run the scsi DAT tape drive???

I do not know the SCSI RAID controller. If it can independent from it's
RAID functionality - and that is an important fact too, if your SCSI DAT
tape drive is LVD too like the hard drives - be used for a single SCSI
device, then you can plug in the DAT drive too. If the controller is
only a RAID controller, or no separate SCSI connector is free, or your
DAT tape drive is not LVD and thus would switch down the whole SCSI bus
to non-LVD speed then it is need that you build in an own SCSI
controller card for the tape drive. Of course that card has not to be a
RAID controller too. Check which SCSI type the tape drive is and then
get a controller card serving that SCSI tape with an outside connector.

> jay

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 18:04:40 up 23 days, 1:46, load average: 0.02, 0.07, 0.13
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]