httpd error starting Apache

info info at maxxrad.net
Sun Apr 11 17:48:02 UTC 2004

Your /etc/resolve.conf should read as follows:

domain yourdomian.com
search yourdomain.com
nameserver 192.168.1.2

also your /etc/hosts file has to be right or it won't work

127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost
192.168.1.2	hostname.yourdomain.com	 hostname

you have to be running dns for your domain for this to work properly

if it's a generic install,
/etc/resolve.conf should be:

domain	localhost.localdomain
nameserver	127.0.0.1

and /etc/hosts should be:

127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost

try that............