scroll mouse problem

Nagaprabhanjan Bellari nagaprabhanjan at it.iitb.ac.in
Sun Apr 11 19:54:34 UTC 2004

I was able to roughly figure out the problem.

I tried all the configurations. But when ever I restart mouse services, the
first time I move my mouse, it does some nasty things like opening some
window, clicking on something else etc..,
after this happens, the 'gpm' process immediately gets killed.
this became evident when i tried to stop mouse services, which returned with a
failure.
thereafter, everything goes on fine, the mouse will be alright with its scroll
feature disabled.

So, I  think that might be the problem.
what do you say?

On Monday 12 April 2004 00:21, jludwig wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 06:56, Nagaprabhanjan Bellari wrote:
> > Hi
> > I have a Logitech scroll mouse.
> > But, the scroll feature of it is not getting enabled.
> > I have tried all possible configurations in `mouseconfig`.
> > but still its not working.
> > Can somebody please help me?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > --
> > regards
> > BNP.
>
> In you /ect/X11/XF8Config file in the input section for the mouse change
> the section section to read;
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
>         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
>         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> This bypasses the issue if the proper driver is insatlled.
> --
> jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>

regards
BNP.
http://www.it.iitb.ac.in/~nagaprabhanjan
Everything that irritates us about others can lead to us to an
understanding of ourselves.
--Carl Jung.