RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Apr 12 14:36:36 UTC 2004

William (Bullshit) Hooper wrote:

>Guy Fraser said:
>

>>I called RedHAt to see about purchasing Professional Work Station at a
>>discount, because one week after they took money off my creditcard for a
>>year of RHN they anounced they were discontinuing RH 9 in 6 months.
>>

>Bullshit.  RHL 9's EOL was announced shortly after it was released.

I don't remember if RHL 9 came out just before my RHN renewal came up.

My RHN expires in October, RHL 9 expires at the end of April, so at the
worst I was
off by one month. Do the math.

When RHL 9 came out does not deminish the fact that they automaticaly
renewed my
RHN subscription on a product they had no intention of supporting to the
end of my
subcription. When I called to find out the facts I was assured that as
long as my subcription
was active I would have access to ongoing updates to RHL 9. That appears
to have been
a bold faced lie. When I called after I was sent a notice in March they
told me I was out
of luck and the offer to purchase PWS at half price would not be extended.

Had RH in good faith told me that RHL 9 would be end of life before my RHN
subscription expired and given me the option to renew or let my RHN
subscription
expire, I would have nothing to complain about. To be honest I had no
idea that
RH was going to automaticaly renew my RHN.