No Pine, no tripwire.

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Mon Apr 12 15:04:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 12:55, info wrote:
> I agree.
> I don't like the fact that pine isn't included with FC1
> However, I installed it no prob.
> I don't care for mutt, so I installed pine.
> I think pine should be included with FC

We've been on this merry-go-round before.  Pine's license is
incompatible with Fedora's mandate.

As you say, it's not hard to install if you want it.  Why needlessly
encumber this already hefty distribution with even more duplicated
packages?  I'm all for pulling some stuff *out* of Core instead.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves