Does anybody know of a good tutorial for Installing Amavis for Postfix on Fedora or Redhat ES3?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Apr 12 16:03:56 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 12.04.2004 schrieb Benjamin Arai um 06:55:

> I have tried using some old docs I had saved from installing it on
> Redhat 8.0 (Postfix Amavis) but they seem to no longer work.  I think
> that they may have made some change I am not aware of in the setup.
>
> Benjamin Arai
> Araisoft

If you want to use AMaViS it is highly recommended to use amavisd-new
because it is far better supported and developed than the other AMaViS
types (some are actually old and dead).

See the amavisd-new website for the files and documentation:

http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

The howto for integrating amavisd-new into Postfix is this one i.e.:

http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.postfix

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 17:59:29 up 24 days, 1:40, load average: 1.62, 1.34, 1.27
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]