shell mail client..

duncan brown duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
Mon Apr 12 17:41:39 UTC 2004

mail is what you're looking for.

echo "web server is down" | mail -s "mail server issues"
someone at somewhere.com

you can also redirect a text file into mail

mail -s 'some problems' < /tmp/errlog.out

-d

Cristiano Soares said:
> Hi all. I have a probably very easy question.
>
> Does anyone know a shell mail client for Fedora or RedHat? I want to
> send mail through shell to outside to be able to notify some people
> about the server. Ex:
>
> If the first link in the server fails, i want to send an e-mail to
> example at hotmail.com to notify that the first link is down.
>
> Any clue?
>

> Thanks a lot.

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown at linuxadvocate.net
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot