initrd failed

red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch
Mon Apr 12 17:57:16 UTC 2004

yea, i tried that with the symlink too, but i can't write anything to /lib :(
but i can write to /...so i tried to overwrite the /lib symlink (pointing to
/mnt/runtime/lib) with a symlink to /mnt/sysimage/lib...but due to version
missmatching, nothing worked now until i rebootet ;)

Zitat von Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de>:

> Am Mo, den 12.04.2004 schrieb red_alert at the-psychiatry.ch um 17:47:
>
> > yea, i already thaught about such a parameter too, but mkinitrd -h doesn't
> show
> > one and man isn't working in rescue mode :-/
> >
> > anyone outta there with a working system who can check for this parameter
> for
> > me?
>
> As far as i see from --help and manpage there is no such parameter.
>
> I am not sure whether this is possible, but I would suggest you mkdir
> /lib and /lib/modules and then symlink /mnt/sysimage/lib/modules/<kernel
> version> to /lib/modules.
>
> > thx
>
> Alexander
>

> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
> Sirendipity 18:38:43 up 24 days, 2:20, load average: 1.07, 1.21, 1.27
>                    [ Γνωθι σ'αÏ
τον - gnothi seauton ]