How to customize locale for each desktop icon for KDE?

Jingcao Hu jingcao at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 12 18:32:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am using Fedora 1.0 with upgraded KDE 3.2.1. I used English as my locale
for KDE, but I would like to customize some desktop config files to use
specific locale.

For instance, what I want to achieve is that, when I click the Audio player
icon in the desktop, it will automatically set up the locale of XMMS to
zh_CN so that the songs with name in Chinese can be properly decoded. (Right
now I have to fire it in terminal by typing "export LANG=zh_CN && xmms which
is not convenient).

I tested a little bit with the configure files in $HOME/Desktop directory
but with no luck. Is there a place that I can find the complete list of the
allowed keys for such configuration file?

Thanks much in advance.

Jingcao Hu                                      Office: (412) 268-6641
Electrical and Computer Engineering             Email: jingcao at cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213