How to use Gnome Sessions to Respawn soffice -quickstart

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Mon Apr 12 18:40:44 UTC 2004

Hello people,

My question is what the subject states.

I've added into my Startup Programs (using Menu -> Preferences -> More
Preferences -> Sessions) the following entry:

/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice -quickstart

Whenever this starts up, it doesn't show up in the "Current Session"
tab. I was just wondering if there is a way, since I want to
Restart/Respawn this process whenever it ends. This way I could always
have OpenOffice.org loaded in memory. Any help? I've noticed that my
/usr/bin/gkrellm, which I set as a Startup Program, shows up in the
Current Sessions tab, which I have set to Restart, and it works. Sorry
for the run-on sentence.

So any way to make the soffice -quickstart entry show up in Current
Sessions so that it can be Restarted?

Thanks in advance!

dex