RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Apr 13 00:18:38 UTC 2004

At 14:02 4/12/2004, you wrote:

>The point was that for those who paid for RH9 service that moving to RHWS
>isn't truly an upgrade if you're using any of the missing features.

The original poster (Guy Fraser) said he got "ripped off" because RH
discontinued 9. I said that he would have an OS available for the life of
his subscription, and that (despite having notified of the EOL previously)
RH had attempted to compensate him for said EOL by providing access (for no
additional cost) to an OS which *they* perceive to be better than what he
had before since it has an EOL approximately in 2008.

Whether you or I see it as an upgrade is *not* the point. Guy said he got
ripped off, I say he didn't... he got something of value throughout the
life of his subscription.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com