repartioning disks

Gertjan Vinkesteijn fed19 at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 13 05:39:25 UTC 2004

Hi,

Yesterday Murpheys Law broke out, and I like only white bear, because I
have a bear-doctor son in Belgium perhaps, and by the way a sister in
France and a mother in Spain, thus we are talking about the US of Europe
here, whew... ;-)

Ahum, my / device went on 99% in the middle when I did some fooling
around with /tmp, using tmpfs and trying to educate webmin not to burn
on /tmp/.webmin, the result was Everything IS BROKEN.
Hmm, the is the "linux rescue", my /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit file was some
.xml file and a lot more had been gone, snifff. In that case you have to
make decisions. First look at sfdisk(8) and you read from our local
genius Andries Brouwer that it is very tricky.
Luckily I have most thing standard, so I installed Fedora 1.90 again,
with the disk druid, I partioned / from 3000MB to 5000MB, that did not
took to long, further I have /var/cache -> /home/cache (what is a big
usb/scsi device) and /usr/local ->/home/local had saved /etc/ppp and
/etc/yum.conf.
Thus I installed 1.90 from scratch and run "yum update" until the "y"
question and slept like bear.

--
Vink