Flickering video with ATI Radeon and KDE

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Apr 13 06:09:21 UTC 2004

	Hello all:

I've been using Gnome since I installed FC1, several months ago, and
didn't realize until now that screensavers, especially those using 3D
graphics, flicker annoyingly, at a rate which seems affected by the
refresh rate.

/sbin/lspci shows:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100 QD
[Radeon 7200] (rev 01)

X11/xfree86config:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "ATI Radeon 7200"
EndSection

	I tried changing driver to ati, without any change.
glxgears runs with the results  4368 frames in 5.0 seconds = 873.600 FPS
which is comparable to the numbers I get with Gnome.

I'm out of ideas -- any help?

Scott