make bootable fedora !!!!

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Apr 13 09:06:59 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 10:56, boby wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have downloaded ISO images from internet, and extract each image to the separate directory.now i want to burn the first cd and make it bootable !!!!
Why did you extraxt the image was it zipped, Where did you download
from?
> after burning i see that inside the first cd i have autorun file but it is not bootable.
> why ? how can i make a  bootable  cd.isnt fedora images bootable?
> should i do something.
> i am using  LG b's DVD recorder GOLD.

Boby
If you downloaded iso images from one of the mirrors it should have been
in an iso format. You must use nero or roxio and create the cd from
image. The iso are already bootable. If your useing linux to burn the
cds then you should have cdrecord installed and you run it from the
terminal.
Use
cdrecord --scanbus
to findout what dev your burner is on, then

cdrecord -dev=0,0,0 -speed=[x] -eject <path/to/filename.iso>

Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.
This mail is free for distribution. You are free to - delete it - resend
it - use it in anyway that makes you happy. I am not responsible for it
or its content due to ignorance.
Enjoy the adventures of Linux