extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 13 13:12:14 UTC 2004

James Ralston said:
> On 2004-04-05 at 19:34:27-04 William Hooper <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net>
> wrote:

>> > Three words: embargoed security vulnerabilities.
>>
>> One word: Progeny
>
> Does Progeny know about embargoed security vulnerabilities?  From
> their web site, I can find no evidence that they do.

Well, as a point of reference I don't see any evidence on Red Hat's
website to say they know about embargoed security vulnerabilities, but I
might just be missing it.  I would suggest info at progeny.com be your course
of action.

[snip]
>> Consider the schedule for FC2 has been public for a while and Red
>> Hat isn't jumping to extend EOL.
>
> Ah, but remember, the schedule slipped.  If the original schedule had
> held, FC2 would be out before RHL9 went EOL, and I wouldn't have made
> this request to begin with.

I think you read too much into the fact that Fedora's schedule happened to
overlap with Red Hat's.

--
William Hooper