What does "supported" mean for Fedora Core 1 software?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Apr 13 16:52:04 UTC 2004

At 10:38 4/13/2004, you wrote:
>I want to know the availability of patches in Fedora Core 1  if in the future
>someone found a vulnerability i must upgrade to Core 2 if i want to have a
>patch

Fedora Core 1 will be supported by the Fedora team for at least two or
three months after the release of FC2. (This is on the website.) That of
course includes security patches as well as other patches.

The Fedora Legacy team (www.fedoralegacy.org) will continue to support FC1
for a longer time, and will attempt to support it for at least the duration
of two more full releases. So, if they are successful in their effort, FL
will support FC1 until the release of FC4.

Both the Fedora Core team and Fedora Legacy are community projects which
depend heavily on contributions by memebers of the community, so please
help out where/when you can.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com