Moving from RH to FC1

Betti Ann & Preston Smith prsmith at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 13 18:13:33 UTC 2004

A number of months ago I made my first foray into the Linux world by
installing RH 9.  I worked with it for a month or so and for various
reasons had to abandon it.

I have retained very little of what i learned and have decided to give it
another try.  In the interests of work with the latest offering I am
thinking about installing FC1.

I need advice on how to approach this.

On bootup I can select either Linux or Win98.  My Linux installation is
restricted to a single 1 GB disk drive

Should I delete the RH install and start over - if so, how should I do this?

OR

Should I run the FC1 install from RH?  How would I do this.

Should I remove the option screen presented at boot up and let the FC1
install process install a new one??  If so how do i do it?

Sorry for such basic questions but I have to start somewhere!

Thanks
Pretson

---
Betti Ann & Preston Smith, Head of St Margaret's Bay, NS,
prsmith at ns.sympatico.ca
1962 MGA 1600 MK II, 1980 MGB Limited Edition
2002 Damon Challenger 335 Motor Home on 2001 Ford V-10 20,500 lb chassis