Linux doesn't boot up

Nancy Demers ndemers6201 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 21:15:10 UTC 2004

There was a spelling error in my email (the GRUB
command is correct - kernel)

Thanks for the suggestion on init 3.  The error is in
the firewall.  I attempted to add nofirewall as a
kernel parameter... but didn't work.  Aside from
reinstalling without a firewall, is there any way to
bypass this initialization?

Thanks again
Nancy

At the grub menu screen hit e before it starts
booting.
Use move down to the line kernel
/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.22115.ntpl ro
root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi rhgb
remove rhgb
Adding init 3 will put you in command mode (not X).
Then you will hopefully see what is hanging.
--
jludwig <wralphie comcast net>

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 14:59, Nancy Demers wrote:
> I just installed Fedora on a Compaq laptop (appeared
> to be successful).
> Windows XP is installed on the 40G partition and
LINUX
> has it's own 20G partition.
> The GRUB dual boot appears to work fine (it displays
> the DOS and LINUX options).  Then, it appears to
start
> LINUX (lots of lines of code fly by) but freezes
when