Oracle and FC1

Eric Beyer eric.beyer at lnxfrk.net
Wed Apr 14 04:58:56 UTC 2004

Mott, William said:

>       Is anybody out there running Oracle on a Fedora Core 1 box?  If so,
> what version?
>    What kind of support  (if any) is Oracle giving you?

I have installed Oracle 10g (10.1.0) on my Fedora Core 1 box, it also
seems like I had installed 9.2.0.x at one time but it was very painful.
10g installs w/o any problems if you follow the instructions on
http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10g.shtml.

I am very sure that an installation on Fedora Core 1 is *not* supported. I
haven't had any issues with the database so far.

-Eric