RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Jeremy Hogan jhogan at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 14:49:20 UTC 2004

> Should I, as a (home) sysadmin, have read anything and everything I
> could possibly get on the subject of RHL?  Perhaps... if I had
> nothing else to do with my time.  I can't even read every message
> here.  Would it have been nice for RH to have included a note as
> to their intentions in their regularly-published email updates that
> all "free" RHN users get?  Yeah, that would have been nice.

We sent out more than one RHN notice, announced it on our web site, in
free newsletters, had special promotions and talked about it in press
releases. Journalists wrote articles alternately flaming our lack of
vision or praising us for it. It's been the topic of Slashdot flames and
mailing list threads alike. The word was as out as we could make it.

--jeremy