Postfix on Fedora Core 1

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Thu Apr 15 00:04:56 UTC 2004

At 04:19 PM 4/14/2004, you wrote:
>On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 04:37, Lance.Spence at cox.com wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a complete HOWTO for setting up and configuring a
> > Postfix mail server on Fedora Core 1? I have googled and looked at
> > Postfix¢s site, but can¢t find anything that will take you from ground
> > 0 to a complete working basic Postfix mail server.
>
>Just install the Postfix rpm that's in FC1, run redhat-switch-mail and
>you'll have a "working basic Postfix mail server". ;-)

   While on this subject, I need to set up a system with postfix and some
type of webmail (probably squirrelmail).  What I need however is the
ability to have 2 users with the same name so that means I have to use
virtualdomains (I think it does) so I can have joe at domain and
joe at domain2  go to different places.  I am not sure where to look, been
googling and browsing.  Found a Webmin app that i can buy that may do the
job, found a Squirrelmail plugin that allows domain names on e-mails but I
dont know how to set up the Fedora part of virtualdomains.

  I found some docs on virtualuser in sendmail and assume something similar
in Postfix...would appreciate a direction to look.  The users do not have
to logins but some of them probably should.  I would prefer to do it the
hard way, that means no Webmin or like that since I find it easier to
maintain if I know what I did to make it work in the first place, but I
need to make it work so anyway I can will do.

  Currently I have 3 machines, one for each domain and I know that is silly.

         mike