supported raid card

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 06:01:33 UTC 2004

I just installed the following and it's working like a charm so far after
installing it two days ago.

New OEM 3Ware Escalade 7006-2 IDE Raid Controller   $116.46
	http://www.pc-pitstop.com/
New WESTERN DIGITAL 160GB 8MB 7200 RPM 160 GB        $92.99  (ebay)
New WESTERN DIGITAL 160GB 8MB 7200 RPM 160 GB       $104.98  (ebay)

Total cost for RAID upgrade:                        $314.43

The nicest part about this is that NO drivers are required, Fedora
K12LTSP sees the mirrored RAID configuration at install and it just looks
like one 160 G drive.  The only things I had to remember to do is to set
up the hardware bios for the 3ware and set up the mirrored array AND go
into the motherboard bios and tell it to boot off the 3ware storage
array.  All very smooth, and faster than my 2MB cache drives I had before.

bc