FC2-t2 network setup question (how to allow incoming connections)

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Thu Apr 15 15:54:51 UTC 2004

Ron, it looks like you started your request for information by starting
a reply to an existing message and changing the subject...

A friendly word of advice:

Don't do that.

It's an easy mistake to make. but it's not a good idea.

Many of the people who might otherwise have an answer for you may not
even see your message because they view by thread. And if the threads
root message doesn't look like one of their topics they may never see
your subject line.

in example, here is a view from todays mail download in threaded view
with an expanded view of the thread/subject:
"RE: RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?"

-> 12 Apr 14 Preston Crawford     (6539) . RE: RH rips again Was: extend EOL for
-> 13 Apr 14 Rodolfo J. Paiz      (4654) . |-RE: RH rips again Was: extend EOL f
-> 14 Apr 14 Preston Crawford     (5043)   | |-RE: RH rips again Was: extend EOL
-> 15 Apr 14 admin at kclinux.net    (4940) . |-Re: RH rips again Was: extend EOL f
-> 16 Apr 14 Preston Crawford     (4031) .   |-Re: RH rips again Was: extend EOL
-> 17 Apr 14 admin at kclinux.net    (4351)     | |-Re: RH rips again Was: extend E
-> 18 Apr 15 Mike Klinke          (4105)     | |-Re: RH rips again Was: extend E
-> 19 Apr 15 Ron Flory            (4199)     |-FC2-t2 network setup question (ho

This is a view of the same thread (Not expanded)

-> 4 Apr 14 Florin Andrei          (3) Re: Postfix on Fedora Core 1
-> 5 Apr 14 Preston Crawford       (8) RE: RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Re
-> 6 Apr 14 Aaron Konstam          (1) Re: Changing Hostname

Note: there is nothing to tell me that the 8th message in the thread has
a different subject. If I didn't happen to find the ongoing (non-useful)
debate amusing, I'd have long sense started deleting it without opening
the thread.

I'd strongly recommend putting the list address in your addressbook, and
using that to start a truly NEW mail message when trying to start a new
discussion in the list.

Incidentally, If you look at the quoted message headers from your message
below, you can see the In-Reply-To: line which indicates it was
originally a reply to one of admin at kclinux.net's postings...

It would appear that on Apr 15, Ron Flory did say: