Postfix 4 Multiple Domains

live4bacon at optonline.net live4bacon at optonline.net
Fri Apr 16 01:34:16 UTC 2004

Good day,
Can someone point me towards a good resource, geared for towards a newbie, to set-up my Postfix to handle mail for 2 domains, (I do not need virtual users, there will only be two actual people recieving mail at these domains and we both have system accounts).

Other tutorial needs:
Use Procmail as MDA, to send mail through spam/virus filters (I am looking to do generic spam/virus SITEWIDE and allow each of us have our own local recipes to sort and do some more specific filtering.

Set-up Web and IMAP access to the mail accounts.

Something geared towards Fedora would be great also. Hand-holding type tutorals are greatly appreciated.

General question.  I should always './compile', './make'   as a regular user and ./make install as root (always on only when told to do so)??  Please help me out on this one.  What is the general consensus on where to unpack and install programs from?

I do have Postfix installed and recieving mail for both domains, (I have ran my system through about 4 open relay check sites so far so good, if you would like links to check your system just ask and I will send them when I return home)

And even though I have set "MyOrigin = $mydomain"  the from line always shows up " user at host.domain.tld"??

I have read through the tutorials at postfix.org and they are just not specific enough for me, or they are more complicated than I think my system needs to be.

I currently have two Fedora installations.  One full blown dekstop w/ X and the whole bit.

The other (which will be my mail server) was installed using the Minimal install option from the Fedora installation package so as to allow me to compile and install as much as possible from scratch.  (which may be out of my league as I am 3 months into Linux). Which I admin through SSH.

I can't believe you read this whole email!

Thanks for your time,
Johnny Poston