FC1 on Intel 440GX

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at ag.com
Fri Apr 16 13:34:29 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of MW Mike Weiner
(5028)
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 7:30 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: RE: FC1 on Intel 440GX

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Taylor, ForrestX
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 3:44 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases

Well, it must be the original kernel, because I couldn't get past the
aic7xxx screen using the original FC1 discs.  The 2135+ kernels work,
though.  If you just have one machine, get the boot_440gx.iso boot image
like Jonathan noted.  If you have several machines, it may be better to
rebuild the discs with the new kernel.
--
OK, the 440GX Boot CD gets me to the point of install, however now I run
into an interesting problem, I want to use the currently existing

Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance
Michael Weiner