RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Fri Apr 16 19:58:22 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:59, Harper, Patrick wrote:
> >From what I know Fedora is the replacement for the free RedHat products.
> They also have a professional version only available at stores in
> shrink-wrap for about $40.00
>
> Fedora has been nothing but stable for me.  I am using it for some of my
> IDS installs when they do not want to pay for rhel.
>
> http://www.internetsecurityguru.com/documents/
>
> I may be full it of though :) and have no idea what I am talking about

I've had the same experience. Fedora has been very stable and of
professional quality, for the most part. Especially when you put it
side-by-side with something like Mandrake. That's my major quandry now.
If (as someone pointed out in a previous post) it's true that there
still is a reasonably priced and supported NON-ENTERPRISE OS you can buy
from Red Hat, I might go for that. But then again, I've been spoiled by
Gnome 2.4. Not sure I'd want to go back to Gnome 2.2, older versions of
Evolution, etc. That's the tease of Fedora. It's very good and it
includes the latest stable stuff.

Preston