Employee clock in-out system

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 20:07:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 07:26:10AM +0200, Chadley Wilson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have searched google and have come out empty handed,
> At the entrance door there is two usb fingerprint scanners. One for
> Is there some software for linux that can run this ?

I also did some Googling....
I did not see a package solution that included Linux.
I also noted that there was a long list of hardware for scanners,
all different.

There seems to be some components to the process.

      * Reading the scanner (most are cameras of one type of another
        (512x512 or better).
      * A data base engine.
      * Recognition library (match=[true|false])
      * Encryption

Since all the hardware looks different look under the bug and
find out what vendor.  Then see what can be done for each layer.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l