question about security

Gertjan Vinkesteijn Fed19 at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 17 11:09:52 UTC 2004

Gertjan Vinkesteijn wrote:

> Vincent Schultz wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Maybe you're talking about SELINUX kernel ? You have 2 solutions :
>> 1) understand this secure kernel, see
>> http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/
>>
>> 2) Disable the feature for a while with setenforce command :
>> root# setenforce 0
>> and set "SELINUX=permissive" (without the "") in /etc/sysconfig/selinux
>>
>> The kernel audit will be still active in /var/log/messages, and you will
>> be able to see what are your problems and understand SELINUX.
>>
>> Vincent
>>

> Okay fellows, I have read the principles, what do you want??? A
> startrek kind of fascist military environment is that it why my uncle
> died for, shot by the germans working for the Gaulle and getting the
> highe possible reward, posthume from PRINCE BERNARD, for heavens sake,
> don't go this way, I MEAN IT

A good way of going aroung this is to put in your Fed1.9 disk, boot
boot: linux rescue
<blah blah>
chroot /mnt/sysimage
// make your changes in
/etc/sysconfig/selinux=disabled
save this file
type two times exit;exit and hope that your file system is not infected
if so, choose for freebsd, bye bye redhat for me then

thanks, but thanx

--
Vink