Syanptic Goes To Sleep Installing Package Updates

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Apr 17 12:10:18 UTC 2004

I had a similar problem updating some machines. What I have done
is to see what packages it says are duplicated. Then kill the
synaptic.
I then to a rpm -qa | grep packagename
then I rpm -e olderpackage

I repeat that until there are no longer any duplicates. Its worked on a
number of machines. Also, just had the same problem when
updating the latest squid. It would install it, and the other packages,
but then synaptic would die before it uninstalled. Some machines
would install everything with no problems, others would have the
error.

Hope that helps.