Sagem Fast 800 Again!

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Apr 17 16:36:48 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 17.04.2004 schrieb George Prowse um 18:22:

> Has anyone managed to get their Sagem Fast 800 to work? All I get when I
> install it through the instructions on the disk is a load of error
> messages:

[ snipped compiler warning/error flood :( ]

> gcc -DLINUX -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe
> -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -I./ADIUTIL -O2   -c -o AdiUsbAdslDriver.o
> AdiUsbAdslDriver.c

[ snipped compiler warning/error flood :( ]

> Can anyone help me as im a 1st time linux user with no knowledge at all,
> converting from Windows and if I cant get this box on the net there is
> no point me having Linux.

Compiling a a kernel module you must use gcc32 instead of gcc which is
version 3.3. So you need either edit the Makefile or it may be enough to
run "CC=gcc32 make ...".

Maybe the source for the driver does not compile with any gcc version
3.x.

> Please help!
>
> George

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 18:33:05 up 1 day, 22:22, load average: 0.71, 0.40, 0.27
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]