ACPI, wierd error

Christopher Ness nesscg at mcmaster.ca
Sat Apr 17 16:50:50 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 09:53, Adam Cooper wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I need help setting up ACPI on my Fedora based laptop.
> I have added the acpi=on line to my grub.conf and ACPI seems to
> initialise fine. Heres the relevant DMESG:

Hey Adam,

Stupid questions, but you never know.  Is acpid installed?  Is it
running?

[nesscg at woman nesscg]$ ps -aux | grep acpid
root      3078  0.0  0.1  1516  528 ?        S    07:35   0:00
/usr/sbin/acpid

It needs to run as root and should be set to start up in
/etc/init.d/acpid which you can set to run using the GUI `serviceconf`
or search this list on how to enable it with the text command.

It seemed from your post it was running.  If that's the case you need to
set up the /etc/acpi/{actions,events} files which can be a pain.  Just
google for someone else' files that run on a dell.

You can try this as well to test it.

# killall acpid
# acpid &
# tail -f /var/log/acpid