XFree86 lib problems

Theodore Omtzigt tomtzigt at comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 18:01:17 UTC 2004

My Fedora installation appears to be inconsistent. I am trying to
install the X11 Development RPMs, and the rpm installer comes back with
a dialog stating that three XFree86-lib rpms (XFree86-xfs, XFree86-twm,
and XFree86) are missing from my system.

I looked through all the rpms of Fedora and can only find XFree86-twm as
an option. The system indicated that it was already installed.

What is the correct action to be taken here?

Another contextual piece of info is that this system was configured by a
VAR and I think they used a dd to create the disk image.

Any insight in this rpm issue is greatly appreciated.

Theo